International Migrants Day 2014:
Misconceptions & Concepts, Theories & realities
When: Thursday 18 December 2014, 15.00-17.00
What: European Parliament Information Office , 8 Amalias Str. , Athens
“Migration: Misconceptions and Concepts, Theories and Realities”
The International Organization for Migration – Office in Greece, th European Parliament - Information Office in Greece and the Representation of European Commission organize an event honoring the Migration Day.
The Event is titled “Migration: Misconceptions and Concepts, Theories and Realities”. Speakers of the event will be representatives of the Host Organizations, MEPs, academics, entrepreneurs, students of the Athens and Piraeus Universities, migrants of Third Countries and Europeans of different age. Iason Pipinis, MEGA Channel News journalist will be the coordinator of this live “round-table”.
The event’s language is Greek. Attendance Certificates will be provided. You may also find on Social Media the #MigrationDayinGreece and the Facebook Event.
Attendance certificates will be provided
The workshop will be screened and Livestreamed at
List of Participants and Speakers
- Antonis Kailis, V.Director of the European Parliament Office in Greece
- Christina Karaitidi, Director of Communication of the European Commission Representation in Greece
- Elizabeth Vozemberg, Member of the European People's Party group
- Miltos Kyrkos, Member of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats Group
- Kostas Chrysogonos, Member of the European United Left Group
- Cecilia Wikström, Member of Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe
- Sylvia-Yvonne Kaufmann, Member of Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats
- Daniel Esdras, Chief of the International Organization for Migration mission in Greece
- Harry Tsiliotis, Assistant Professor, University of Peloponnese
- Harris Mylonas, Assistant Professor at George Washington University
- Elina Makri, journalist CAFE BABEL
- Dimitris Rapidis, political scientist, Director of Bridging Europe think-tank
- Umeh Elvis Kenneth, Director of Umbrela, NGO of the African Communities
- Aya Burweila, Senior Analyst at the RIEAS - Research Institute for European and American Studies.