EU Policy internship
Bridging Europe is seeking for two (2) interns to participate in the research activities and programs of the organization for a period of three (3) months.
The successful candidates will have the chance to implement and advance their research skills, increase the quality and visibility of their publications, and gain a competitive edge to further their career. Research activities of the interns will focus on new strategic opportunities and insights of EU domestic policy, unemployment and poverty, Eurozone, and foreign affairs.
1. Daily monitoring of media news feeds on EU policy in the above mentioned fields;
2. Follow-up of the latest academic publications and policy briefs;
3. Preparation of weekly briefings;
4. Communicate with policy-makers ;
5. Preparation short commentaries (i.e. 2-3 per month);
1. University degree in political science, EU studies, security studies, social science, law, economics or any related disciplines;
2. Fluency in English, with proven writing skills; knowledge of additional languages is welcome;
3. Excellent analytical and drafting skills, as well as organisational skills;
4. Good knowledge of European politics; familiarity with the work of EU bodies;
5. Committed and flexible team player, independent-minded, ambitious and accurate in time management;
6. Ease in the use of social media accounts (e.g. Twitter, Facebook).
The position is not financially remunerated and run online, with no need to relocate.
The internship is ideal for young graduates or students at the last year of their studies, offering a great opportunity for the intern to work in a fast-evolving organization, to improve her/his skills and get involved in policy-making.
Duration of the Internship: March 26 - June 26, 2015
Applicants should forward a detailed CV and a cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Mr Dimitris Rapidis, by March 17, 2015. When applying, please mention “EU Internship” in the subject-line of the email message.
Bridging Europe is an equal opportunity employer, a think-tank dedicated to the advancement of young people in the EU and the region.