EU Migration Policy internship
Bridging Europe is seeking for two (2) interns for a period of three (3) months to participate in the ongoing research project "EU Migration Policy".
The successful candidates will have the chance to implement and advance their research skills, increase the quality and visibility of their publications, and gain a competitive edge to further their career. Research activities of the interns will focus on EU migration policy, contribute to the agenda of the new Commissioner on Migration, Home Affairs, and Citizenship, the debate over illegal immigration and the policies ahead.
1. Daily monitoring of media news feeds on migration in the EU;
2. Follow-up of the latest academic publications on the topic;
3. Prepare weekly briefings;
4. Communicate with policy-makers and seek for possible interviews ;
5. Prepare short commentaries / policy briefs;.
1. University degree in political science, EU studies, security studies, social science, law, economics or any related disciplines;
2. Fluency in English, with proven writing skills; knowledge of additional languages is welcome;
3. Excellent analytical and drafting skills, as well as organisational skills;
4. Good knowledge of European and international / regional politics; familiarity and / or previous experience in migration is considered a strong asset;
5. Committed and flexible team player, independent-minded, ambitious and accurate in time management.
The position is not financially remunerated and run online, with no need to relocate.
The internship is ideal for young graduates or students at the last year of their studies, offering a great opportunity for the intern to work in a fast-evolving organization, to improve her/his skills and get involved in policy-making.
Duration of the Internship: February - May 2015
Applicants should forward a detailed CV and a cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Mrs Maritina Koe, Head of Human Resources, by January 28, 2015. When applying, please mention “Migration Internship” in the subject-line of the email message.
Bridging Europe is an equal opportunity employer, a think-tank dedicated to the advancement of young people in the EU and the region.